How to Install Tonneau Cover with Bed Liner
The truck bed area is an essential part of a Pickup truck. Truck bed defines the objective of a truck. But it needs to be protected to accomplish the role of a pickup. The truck bed comes without any protection from the factory. It becomes our responsibility to secure and maintain the truck bed area. Here we will discuss tonneau cover installation with bed liner and extent of tension in the tonneau cover. The process of tonneau cover installation with bed liner has 3 Parts.
Bed Liner Installation:
- First of all, open the tailgate. Because closed tailgate decreases access to the truck bed. Also, it interferes with the installation of a tonneau cover.
- Now remove the obstruction like screws and handles inside the truck bed. If you have the compatible truck then it must have holes and caps to fit screws. But if there are not then you can drill also.
- Clean the truck bed with spray or alcohol. And then soak the excess moisture with dry cloth or sponge.
- Now place the bed liner inside the bed. Through holes, you need to fit the screws and handles. Then to make it look like one piece stuff, you need to cover the screw holes with the cap. Follow the same procedure with the tailgate.
Now you are done with the bed liner. Now you need to install a side rail on the bed rail and then install the cover on it.
Read More: Tonneau Cover Cleaning
Side Rail Installation:
- Place the side rail wobbly on the bed rail. By default, most of the truck bed cover comes with two side rail. If there is not any, then your cover must have clamps that are fixed from below once the cover is closed.
- After placing the side rail symmetrically, now fix the side rail with the help of clamp right next to the cab. The best clamp is the toothed type. Which increases the surface area of contact, and stabilizes the side rails effectively? You can add shims also. They close the gap between the side rail and truck. It also helps in stabilization as well.
- Now place an additional clamp at even distance from each other. And tighten them up. Repeat the same with the second rail.
- Adjust the clamp until the rails are flat and standard. Take as much time as you want in this step. Otherwise, you will land in the installation of the loose and insecure type of tonneau cover.
- After adjusting, now tighten all the clamps with hand or tool, if required.
Tonneau Cover Installation
- A weatherproof cover comes with the rubber seal. Install the rubber seal on the side rail. It prevents the area between the cab and cover.
- Now position the cover on the bed rail. This will require two people. Now place the folded or rolled cover over the rail right next to the cab area. It will perfectly fit in the rail. But sometimes you might have to push it to fix it in place.
- Now unfold or unroll the cover. And then shut the tailgate. You need to adjust the cover tension with the screw.
Now finally bolt the cover into the rails. For the sake of cross-checking, you can also tighten the clamp again at this stage. If you are looking for the Bak best retractable bed covers, then check our home page.
Installation Guide with Bed Liner